Re: Removing motd from ssh logins

On 18/03/2007 14:20, Tobias Nissen wrote:

Place the file .hushlogin into the homedir of the remote user.

Uhm, thanks, it works, but I'd prefer doing it "the right way"... Infact, this file is used to suppress motd (and last login) output when motd is enabled in sshd_config, but in my case it is disabled, so motd should not appear at all. The .hushlogin file fixes this, ok, but it should not be needed. I'd like to find out the real root of the problem and fix that instead.

Moreover, .hushlogin also suppresses the "last login" output, which could instead be useful to me.

--
Ciao,
  Marco.