Re: Yahoo Quote not working

Ron Johnson wrote:

On 03/17/07 12:03, Marc Shapiro wrote:
I know that this is not a 'Debian' question, but does anyone know if
Yahoo has changed something that would affect the workings of yahooquote?

It was working on Thursday, but not yesterday, or today.  It times out
while waiting for connection|data|something and then continues, but with
uninitialized variables, resulting in error messages.

Is Yahoo no longer providing this information?

http://quote.yahoo.com *does* seem to be taking a long time to respond.
I tried it and it timed out after about 3 minutes.

From http://finance.yahoo.com I looked up a quote on a specific fund. That came up fine, but just below the quotes was this message:

We can no longer offer real-time ECN data due to pricing changes by the exchanges. For real-time quotes (including real-time pre/post market data), sign up for a free trial of Real-time Quotes <http://billing.finance.yahoo.com/realtime_quotes/signup?.src=quote&.refer=qb>

I am wondering if this is what yahooquotes is looking for.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com