internal lan configuration and web address issues

Hi,

I have a home DSL connection with a static IP assigned.  The DSL modem is fed
into one a ipcop firewall with port forwarding for port 25 and 80 directed to
my webserver/mailserver in my DMZ zone.  Machines in the green zone of my LAN
cannot access my registered domain name, i.e. www.domain.org instead it
returns the web interface to my DSL modem.  Specifying the 192.168.1.100 gets
me to my webserver.  Outside of my LAN, accessing my registered hostname
returns me to my webserver and not my DSL modem.

I have registered my domain with no-ip.com using their basic host registration
services.   With this service, my host type is DNS Host (A) and is specified
on no-ip.com 's management web front end.  With this set up, I assumed that I
don't have to do DNS on my end, since they are taking care of it.  Is this an
incorrect assumption on my part?

My DNS Text Record is set as follows:

	"v = spf1 a mx ptr"

I am not doing DNS on my machines.

I tried editing my /etc/hosts file to specify the 192.168.1.100 for the
registered hostname, but it instead returns the registered IP address when I
ping my hostname or use lynx to access it from an internal LAN machine.

Outside of my LAN, I can access the webserver just fine using the registered
hostname.

Is there a way to configure things so that machines on my LAN can access the
web server using the registered name.  Would this require that I do DNS on my
machines?

Thanks,

John Schmidt