Re: ssh problems

Hello,

On Fri, 16 Mar 2007, Francesco Pietra wrote:
> It worked beautifully for a week. At a new boot today
> the 32bit machine had taken the former IP address of
> the 64bit machine, and viceversa.

> A system maintainer suggested to change the eth#
> connections of the two machines (Desktopp,
> Administration, Networking) from DHCP to Static,

This sounds like a correct suggestion. If you assign addresses to
machines dynamically then it is difficult to treat them as "servers"
except through some dynamic DNS services.

> Well, I could delete all shh configuration and keys
> and do that again, though for how long?

You need not generate the keys again. You only need to reassign the
keys in your "known_hosts" file appropriately.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kapil.
P.S. I removed debian-science from the cc as I couldn't see what it
had to do with debian-science.