Re: Running Debian with kernel from other distro....

Friday 16 of March 2007 11:28:28 Daniel Wyeth napisał(a):
> On Thu, 2007-03-15 at 22:27 +0100, Marcin Giedz wrote:

Thanks everyone for these hints....

After I read your posts and did some googling this pop in my mind:
1) install RHEL - as small as possible
2) install ALL needed modules - e.g. for EMC POwerPath
3) using debootstrap install Debian but without installing kernel

...so in consiquence ... I will boot machine using RHEL kernel but after a
while I will switch to chrooted Debian...but how in this case all rc scripts
will run? I'm not familiar with installing another Linux in chrooted
environment so I'm not sure if it works this way?

Regards,
Marcin

--
ARISE M.Giedz, T.Żebruń sp.j.