Re: Running Debian with kernel from other distro....

I have done this for a couple of years on two separate laptops, mixing RedHat and Mandriva. Even recently I sucessfully tried a kernel from RIP (mini-distribution) on a Debian.
However, lately there has not been much of a need.

More likely than not it will not work due to the mix of libraries and even the level of compilers used.

If one distribution does not work for you then try another, much better.

On my thinkpad, T42, new last year: Debian failed in some areas so I tried Suse and Ubuntu, eventually Debian caught up with some needs and I now only have two copies of Debian and occasionally try out another distribution as well. Note that I keep all data on a shared partition using symbolic links. Disk space is cheap.

Linux is flexible, easy to drop in or out a distribution leaving all data intact, even sharing not even data but some programs and libraries should you wish. Try doing that with Windows.