Re: wrong linux-headers for vmware

On Thu, 15 Mar 2007 14:26:36 -0400
Ed Jabbour <ejbr@comcast.net> wrote:

> In order to install vmware, I need linux-headers.  I'm running the
> 2.6.20 kernel, self-compiled.  Etch offers only 2.6 & 2.6.18, of
> various sorts.  Am I stuck, or am I overlooking something obvious?
> Thanks a lot.

The make-kpkg command has a kernel_headers target. From the man page:

kernel_headers
This  target  produces  a  Debian  package containing the
header files included in the Linux kernel.

So presumably it should be possible to use make-kpkg on your 2.6.20
tree to build a custom headers package, and then install it via dpkg. I
have not tried this.

Celejar