Re: Updating Gnome menu without logout/login

Hi George,

George Chelidze wrote:
Hello All,

I have the following problem with my sarge installation:

When I install a new desktop application and if it has a correspondent item in a menu, I can see it in debian menu but not in my gnome menu before I logout and login again. Is there any way to update gnome menu without logout/login or executing any command? It's not very "production critical" issue, however it would be very nice to have this functionality.

Try the Alacarte menu editor. It speaks directly to gconf and this updates your Gnome menus immediately.

Cheers,
--
Greg Vickers
IT Security Engineer & Project Manager