Re: daylight savings time

On Tue, Mar 13, 2007 at 10:20:17PM -0400, Marty Landman wrote:
> I've got NTP running with the following conf file:

> Only problem is that I am getting the time as an hour earlier than it
> really is, since the new daylight savings time here in the US went
> into effect over the weekend. I have my timezone set to EST.

You've told your system to stay on EST.

Use tzconfig to choose the correct geographical region (mine is
Canada/Eastern) so that the system knows that you need to change from
EST to EDT.  As long as your system is up-to-date, it should know about
the new effective dates.  Both my Sarge and Etch boxes worked fine.

Doug.