Re: Is that all there is to it??

> OK, so I installed Sarge on my machine. The other day, I decided to
> upgrade to Etch. I modified the sources file, changing "stable" to
> "etch", and ran `apt-get --ignore-hold dist-upgrade`. After sorting out
> one minor issue with inetd, apg-get reports everything's OK, and the
> /etc/debian_version file reports '4.0'.
>
> Ummmm... is that it?!? Is it really that simple to upgrade?

Hmm.  That's good to hear.  I remember when I decided to change my repositories from Sarge to Etch, and tried to upgrade (many months ago), I encountered a broken system with impossible to install circular dependencies.  I briefly moved to PCLinuxOS, before venturing back and freshly installing Etch.  Anyway, things seem pretty good now, and I'm glad to hear the upgrade went well.  Etch is currently the best of all distros out there, I feel.

Mark