"Failed!" message received when EXT3 filesystem mounted

I have Etch installed on a Toshiba Tecra 8000 laptop. There are five hda partitions which have the EXT3 file system mounted thereon. Hda1 is a physical partition where /boot is mounted. The other four, hda5 through hda8, are logical partitions where / (root), /usr, /tmp and /home are mounted respectively.

When the laptop is booted EXT3 is mounted on these five partitions successively, causing the following message to scroll by five times, where the X in hdaX indicates the partition number:

Mar 14 07:54:59 localhost kernel: EXT3 FS on hdaX, internal journal
Mar 14 07:54:59 localhost kernel: EXT3-fs: mounted filesystem with ordered data mode.

On the line following the last of these messages appears the following, in red: "failed!"

This "failed" indication does not appear in either dmesg or the syslog, but the EXT3 mounting messages do. All these EXT3 messages in both do not indicate anything amiss; nor have I noticed any performance degradation.

Is the appearance of this "failed!" message on boot up something I should be concerned about? If not, is there some way I can stop it?

			Regards,

			Ken Heard