Re: OT: suggestions for rugged

pinniped wrote in Article
<listhandler=2&site=www.debianhelp.org&nid=5210&pid=&cid=15618&uid=76&tid=79&0a0191942f0e9c1c7d434b751dfca052@www.debianhelp.org>
posted to gmane.linux.debian.user:

> There are rugged laptops aimed primarily at the military but also commonly
> used in industry.  Occasionally you can pick them up at ex-govt auctions
> for next-to-nothing and in great condition.

And sometimes in some rather interesting and unique systems this way, too.
The City of Roseburg, Oregon apparently gets all city equipment factory
spec'd in the city's rose colored livery as identification of the
equipment.  My ex-roommate bought a used Itronix ruggedized notebook from
the City of Roseburg:  One of the few pink military-grade laptops in
existence.