Re: Strange WINE behavior

Dan H. wrote:
Hello,

there's this one Windows application I can't do without, and it is quite
well-behaved under wine.

Sometimes I start it and all is fine. Sometimes I start it and it takes
literally 15 minutes until the application comes up (and then behaves
normally). In the meantime there's nothing going on. The wine process
just sits there doing nothing.

The "history" of the running system doesn't seem to matter -- I've
witnessed both types of behavior right after startup as well as after
wine has been running several times before.

Is there an explanation? I've tried to Google but didn't find anything
useful.

--D.

Best thing to do is to get on #wine on freenode and tell the devs there the application and problem. I had a problem with copy protection that wine couldn't handle ages back and a dev worked on it with me there and then, and most importantly fixed it. :)