Re: OT: suggestions for rugged portable computer

Kevin Mark(kevin.mark@verizon.net) is reported to have said:
> On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 03:44:46PM -0400, Douglas Allan Tutty wrote:
> > I'm going to be travelling in semi-wilderness and would like to take a
> > computer with me.  Primarily for note-taking with vim, and when a
> > phone-line is available for email or google-searches with lynx.  I don't
> > need X or GUI but if it was available then perhaps some light graphics
> > stuff like grabbing images from a digital camera or reading pdf files.
> > In any event, my processing requirements are basic (I can do all this on
> > my 486, except for the camera due to lack of USB).
> >

> > Has anyone here done anything like this?  Any suggestions on a small
> > cheap case/MB?
> >
> > Thanks,
> Have you considered a pansonic toughbook (used being cheaper). On ebay
> an 800mhz for about 500 USD. If you want to only use one with no
> battery-- then maybe a shuttle xpc with 13" lcd? Thats a lot more
> expensive and harder to carry.

I would suggest you take a look at <http://www.bobjohnson.com> instead
of EBay.  He has a Panasonic Toughbook CF-128 1Gig notebook for $299.
I have never bought from him but he gives a lifetime warranty on any
used Laptop he sells.  That makes me lean towards him for my next
purchase.  JMHO

Wayne

Q. Why is top posting bad?