Re: Re: Printer setup problem in Etch

Freddy-Freeloader wrote:
> I had this problem a while back, but for the life of me I can't
> remember what the fix was. One thing you might try is HPLIP, if you're
> not using it already.

Thanks for the suggestion. I installed HPLIP and find that it doesn't
detect my HP Deskjet 500.

When I ran HPLIP, I got the message "No Installed HP Devices Found".

When I tried to install my printer the program does not detect it.

c2d:/# hp-setup

HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 1.6.10)
Printer/Fax Setup Utility ver. 3.1

Copyright (c) 2003-6 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, LP
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it
under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details.

0
Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the
authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based
authentication failed
properly connected and powered-on.

I am not sure what this means, could it be that the Deskjet 500 is too
old to be detected?

Thanks,

Bob C.