Re: filename case

On 3/11/07, Cédric Lucantis <omer@no-log.org> wrote:
> > When I copy files to vfat drives , filenames case is changed to lower
> > case. Is there any way to keep them as they are ie FileName as FileName
> > instead of filename or FILENAME as FILENAME instead of filename ?
> I think this works:
> tar -C /path/to/source -cf - . | ( cd /path/to/dest; tar -xf -; )

stupid me :) I never realized I could simply do this:

tar -C /path/to/source -cf - . | tar -C /path/to/dest -xf -

(you also have to add -h to the first tar if there are symlinks in your files)

Cédric Lucantis

here also some files were copied as it is and some filenames were changed to small letters.

linux user No.205042