Re: "testing" distribution weekly builds--- which packages are where?

On Sun, Mar 11, 2007 at 12:20:19AM -0600, Charles Blair wrote:
>    Even using jigdo, it's taking me a long time to download the
> .iso images.  Is there a list that tells me which image contains
> which package, so that (I hope) I only have to download some of the
> images?

You should only need the first DVD/CD to get a working system. And as
long as you know how to work apt-get, you could just install a base
system and manually add X/*DM/WindowManager to your system.

But to more specifically answer your question, the first CD generally
comes with the most popular packages. Iceweasel, GNOME (I think just
gnome-core, though), and other very popular programs.