Re: Sad...

On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 10:54:31PM -0800, Freddy Freeloader wrote:
> >>As you can see, the formatting is right and the readability is, as a
> >>result, also there. In short, it seems your mail client does plain-text
> >>printed-quotable encoding really, really, really badly.
> >>

> >Well, it's funny that Icedove does it ONLY on messages replied to by
> >you.  It NEVER does this on any messages from other users of the list
> >or from any other email I have ever received.
> >So, I guess that leads me to the only logical conclusion I can come
> >to, and this is that your end has nothing to do with the situation and
> >it must be my lousy email client.
> >
> Oops.  Sorry, CaT.  I meant to post that last message to Ben, not you.

Hehe. No worries and it's not your client. Mine displays it as per the
quoted printable encoding also, which is broken, as I have the html
component of email de-prioratised. The HTML side displays well because
the HTML code required to display it well is present. The "plain text"
quoted printable component is broken because the quoted printable
encoding is broken. Bens client is the only one that can manage that to
his emails...

--
    "To the extent that we overreact, we proffer the terrorists the
    greatest tribute."