Re: vmware complains about header file location (Debian Etch)

Greg Folkert wrote:
On Sat, 2007-03-10 at 23:21 +0000, Adrian Midgley wrote:
"The directory of kernel headers (version @@VMWARE@@ UTS_RELEASE) does
not match
your running kernel (version 2.6.18-3-686).  Even if the module were to
successfully, it would not load into the running kernel.

What is the location of the directory of C header files that match your
kernel? [/usr/src/linux/include]

It seems to me that my headers are in there and match.

Could this be a problem because Xen is installed, although not in use?

Is there a solution?

In February and in January I've gone over this time and time again.

Here is the e-mail I made:

These are instructions.

You might want to download VMware Workstation v5.5.3 and the update

Search the lists, this has been discussed recently. There's a 'any any' patch for vmware.