RE: Sad...

> Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 21:32:46 +0100
> From: florian.kulzer@icfo.es
>
> On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 20:30:52 +0100, agentace wrote:
> >
> > I installed debian on a PowerEdge 850 flawlessly in October of 2005 using a
> > Testing NetInst CD. It's sad that the SATA support for this machine has
> > since been removed, as I'm now attempting to install debian on another
> > machine which is exactly the same (PowerEdge 850 bought at the same time as
> > the other) using the Sarge Installer and it tells me that no partitionable
> > media is detected.
>
> A quick clarification: Support for your SATA controller was not removed
> from Sarge. Sarge never had this driver in the first place. Sarge was
> released as "stable" in the beginning of June 2005, therefore it is not
> surprising that it has less hardware support than a "testing" snapshot
> of October 2005. No new drivers are added once a Debian release is
> "stable".

really? thats funny cause a system doesn't get unstable only cause you add a new driver. its the same like creating the next stable version. the rules they follow are all self-made, there is no god or president who disallow some things so go and change the rules and update stable version. i dont ask for new huge implementations, im just asking for supporting the current hardware.