Re: Empty crontab

Franck Joncourt wrote:
On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 12:49:19PM +0100, Marko Randjelovic wrote:
I see tasks from directories /etc/cron.* are ran regulary, but when I run "crontab -e" as root, the file is empty. Where are these tasks schedualed? I am asking because I want to know at what time of the day are tasks from cron.daily ran and how to change it.

If I am not mistaken crontab -e edits root's crontab, however, according
to me, you are looking for /etc/crontab, aren't you ?

I thaught root's crontab is /etc/crontab. Thanks. Which command then to run to edit this file (sometime ago I read it is not recommended to edit it directly)?