Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

On  8 Mar, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 03/08/07 08:24, judd@wadsworth.org wrote:

>>      Again, my point was that medicare is more efficient.
>>      If private insurance reimburses at a higher rate, it costs the
>> consumer even more.  If medicare raised their rates, perhaps more
>> doctors would accept it.
> Geez, you blithely skip right over the "raise taxes to pay the
> doctors, thus costing consumers even more" part?

     Which is both obvious and doesn't really change the point of the
post, below:

>>                          It would still be more efficient than the
>> private plans, which was my point.

     Besides which, if more doctors accept medicare, the total cost
to consumers would be less, just the proportion paid in taxes vs
private premiums and out of pocket would change.

|   Christopher Judd, Ph. D.                      judd@wadsworth.org   |