Re: Worse then useless replies

On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 14:40 -0500, Kevin Mark wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 07:47:52AM -0800, Freddy Freeloader wrote:
> > pinniped wrote:
> > >
> > >huh?
> > >
> > >I really don't know what the hell you're talking about.  I've been
> > >leaving the subject blank lately because people bitch about it for no
> > >apparent reason.  But if you really don't want the subject changing,
> > >why don't you ask Intnsred if he can set things so that the subject
> > >isn't changed?  A blank 'subject' line with a flashing cursor is just
> > >begging people to put something in.
> > >

> > HUH?  Just who, and what, are you replying to?  How is that everyone on
> > this list, who has any modicum of experience with the internet, mailing
> > lists, forums, etc... has subject lines, in-line quotes as to who and
> > what they are responding to except you?  Are you trying to tell us that
> > you can't figure out how to use an email/news client properly?
> >
> After piniped's Last mail, I did a search of his email header and found
> a reference to "www.debianhelp.org"! So I went there and found that he
> is most likely using the 'forum' which displays 'threads' to him and
> must present some option when replying that destroys the 'subject'. From
> the 'forum' view, you see all the previous replys and that give the
> forum user 'context', while here, those of us who use good-old-fashioned
> mailing lists', we dont see this 'forurm thread view' and see the odd
> behaviour. So the main issue is with the debianhelp.org forum software.
> Hmm. That clears up the mystery!
> Cheers,
> Kev

I know what forum he is deeply involved in as I have both asked and
answered questions there before and seen the level of knowledge that he
has.  That's why it was was so confusing to me that he was seemingly
ignoring what people had to say on the subject and not practicing the
normal standards for communication.