Re: how to give priority for slected source

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 09:33:05AM +0100, abdelkader belahcene wrote:
> Hi,
> I created  a locale repository, defined in sources.list
>
> deb file:///home etch/
>
> which contains the desired packages
>
> I added an official repository
>
> deb ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org/debian etch main contrib
>
> It works perfectly
>

> I just  want to tell to apt-get ,  that if the software is in my
> REPOSITORY ( I mean /home/etch)  take it from here et don't download
> it from the remote server !!!
>
> thanks for help
> bela

This sounds like a job for apt preferences. All you have to do is edit
/etc/apt/preferences [0] (Create it if it doesn't exist) and pin your
server to a higher value than the remote server.

I'm not sure how this would work out though, you'd probably have to
add some sort of flag to all of your local packages. Someone with more
experience might want to add to this, I've never done it before.

[0]http://jaqque.sbih.org/kplug/apt-pinning.html#preferences