Re: troubleshooting ls120 mount problems

ChadDavis wrote:
I need some advice in troubleshooting mount problems. I've got al ls120 superdisk that I'm trying to mount. I've installed it as the secondary device on my main ide channel, behind the boot hard drive.
Here's what I've got in my fstab:

/dev/hdb       /media/ls120     vfat    rw,user,noauto  0       0

And when I try to mount, with

mount /media/ls120

I get:

mount: special device /dev/hdb does not exist

So, I'm thinking the drive might be dead? Or not being recognized?
How do you troubleshoot such a thing?

Thanks for your help.

/dev/hdb is the whole disk I doubt you want to mount it like this.

#dmesg | grep hdb should give you some idea whether its seen

#cfdisk /dev/hdb will tell you about the partitions.

I suspect you need to change the 'hdb' in fstab to 'hdb1' if you only have one big partition on the disk.

HTH

Wackojacko