Re: SOLVED: Cannot boot using Grub from CD

Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 01:42:12PM +0000, Chris Lale wrote:
Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 04:55:14PM +0000, Chris Lale wrote:
[...]

  Error 15: File not found

  Press any key to continue...
so grub cannot find the file, probably the kernel. have you tried the
grub command line? maybe you've got the disks misnamed or something.

I narrowed the problem down to menu.lst. Thanks, Andrew, for suggesting the command line which worked fine, after booting from the Grub boot CD, despite reporting an error for the "savedefault" command:

   grub> savedefault
   Error 27: Unrecognised command

I *think* the savedefault command saves to the boot record, which,
obviously, can't be done on a cd. That's just a guess though.

glad you got it sorted.

Followed the wiki, removed the savedefault command from menu.lst and still got:

Error 25: Disk Read Error

Hugo