Re: tzdata package for Sarge - Daylight Savings Change

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 07:36:14PM -0500, Michael Lueck wrote:
> I saw this article online:
> http://www.linux-watch.com/news/NS6300294422.html
> that leads me to believe the patch is available for Testing and Unstable,
> but not Stable/Sarge.
> I have not seen this weekend's time change mentioned in the Debian weekly
> news either.
> Suggestions? (Besides Ostrichism)
Well, the article is incorrect.

glibc (2.3.2.ds1-22sarge5) stable; urgency=low

  * Aurelien Jarno <aurel32@debian.org>

   - Update debian/patches/90_glibc232-timezones.dpatch with tzdata
     2006p-1. This includes DST rules for West Australia and support
     for the "Energy Policy Act 2005".

 -- Aurelien Jarno <aurel32@debian.org>  Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:10:43 +0000

Been there for months.

Also, the tzdata package only exists in Etch and Sid.  For Sarge and
below, the time zone data is in the libc6 package.

Roberto C. Sanchez