Re: tzdata package for Sarge - Daylight Savings Change

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 07:36:14PM -0500, Michael Lueck wrote:
> I saw this article online:
> http://www.linux-watch.com/news/NS6300294422.html
> that leads me to believe the patch is available for Testing and Unstable,
> but not Stable/Sarge.
>
> I have not seen this weekend's time change mentioned in the Debian weekly
> news either.
>
> Suggestions? (Besides Ostrichism)

Well, the article is incorrect.

glibc (2.3.2.ds1-22sarge5) stable; urgency=low

  * Aurelien Jarno <aurel32@debian.org>

   - Update debian/patches/90_glibc232-timezones.dpatch with tzdata
     2006p-1. This includes DST rules for West Australia and support
     for the "Energy Policy Act 2005".

 -- Aurelien Jarno <aurel32@debian.org>  Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:10:43 +0000

Been there for months.

Also, the tzdata package only exists in Etch and Sid.  For Sarge and
below, the time zone data is in the libc6 package.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez