Re: Sarge on Compaq Proliant 1850R with PCI video card

I tried several S3 video cards as well, all with exactly the same result.

I am trying to contact HP. However, I fear their response will be something along the lines of: "We don't support Debian on hardware that old!"

I grabbed the Etch kernel source, built and installed a 2.6.18 kernel, and it works. The problem seems to have been fixed somewhere between 2.6.8 and 2.6.18. Exactly where, I'm not sure, but it's definitely a problem with the kernel version.

Trey