correction, Re: thunderbird: how to backup mailbox and restore quickly

[This message has also been posted to linux.debian.user.]
In article <7VhmW-7Xt-21@gated-at.bofh.it>, Yuwen Dai wrote:

> Now I move both Inbox and the expected result to my home dir. But command
>
> $ formail -s < Inbox |procmail /home/yuwen/rcfile

Should be

 $ formail -s procmail /home/yuwen/rcfile < Inbox

No pipe between formail and procmail.  Formail will invoke
procmail over and over, once per message.
With a suitable rcfile, splits large Inbox into multiple
mbox files, sorted any way you like.  Move them to
where you want them in Thunderbird's mail storage hierarchy.
Thunderbird will create .msf files to match.

Also, end your rcfile with this recipe

 :0
 /dev/null

to prevent it from writing messages that didn't match
onto /var/mail/yuwen

Cameron