Re: Is this a DoS attack?

Anthony Campbell wrote:
Earlier today my router showed long periods of flickering, as if data
were coming in or going out. I am the only user. Log files do not show
anything wrong, nor does chkrootkit, and Top does not indicate any
unusual activity. Things seem to be back to normal now.

I have firewalling set up in the router and also via shorewall.

I have seen this previously on occasion but today was more prlonged.
Does it indicate an automated attack of some kind (which failed,
presumably)?

Anthony

Do you have sth like Thunderbird pulling e-mail regularly?

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.