Re: Does debian support sata 750GB hard drive?

Michael Kerwin wrote:
> I have built a Pentium core duo computer and can get debian to boot from the
> cd if it is an ide parallel drive but when I try it with a 750GB SATA drive
> it get to the point where it will try to boot from the cd rom and it can't.
> I saw that someone had a problem with this before. I am trying to boot with
> the debian 3.1r5 netinstall for i386. Has the Sata problem been fixed yet?

Try the upcoming stable release Debian "etch" 4.0, aka 'testing' for
now. There are a few remaining bugs (delaying release as 'stable'), but
it contains more recent hardware support and features security support
as well.

You could also try a backported kernel with debian sarge 3.1.

Johannes