Re: A Republican!!!!!! (was Re: OT: sponge burning!)

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 13:05:52 -0600, Ron wrote in message
<45E48110.9000300@cox.net>:

> On 02/27/07 09:52, hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
> > On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 07:52:17PM -0800, Steve Lamb wrote:
> >>     The irony is that there are some eco groups that are fighting
> >wind farms. >  Why?  Because they are a blight on the natural look of
> >the land.  No, not > kidding.
> >
> > Centuries ago, when Holland started building windmills, they were
> > hotly  controversial, a blight on the countryside.
> >
> > Now there are preservationist societies dedicated to preserving the
> > lovely windmills, and each one that burns up or falls apart is
> > considered a major cultural loss.
>
> Damned Liberals can't make up their minds!!!!

.. ;o)

..one problem we do see here (Norway) even with offshore
mills, is how they kill birds, especially in overcast weather.
Modern power mills use highspeed wings much like
helicopter rotor wings, only white and on masts.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: