Re: ssh

On 3/1/07, Francesco Pietra <chiendarret@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi Guillermo:
No, I have the two machines (deb32 and deb64 are their
hostnames) attached to the same router. The router is
in front of me, the two machines behind the wall. The
router (Xyxel Prestige 66H, ADSL 2+ 4 Port Gateway) is
connected to ADSL, which line is separated by the
teleph line by a filter.

That means that the two machines face a firewall
barrier, to which I can't renounce because the two
machine have to play together for jobs that may last
many days uninterruptly. And I need access, during the
job, to internet from deb32.

Obviously, the two machines have an apparent identical
ID under such conditions, and I don't know if their
inernal private addresses exist and how they can be
accessed and exploited.

I found that the two machines - under the above
conditions - differ for the "inet addr" (as it can be
derived by the root commanf "ifconfig"). Which differ
by one digit and can change from login to login,
though probably it depends on which machine gets
connected first to internet, which can be regulated so
that each machine has always the same inet addr.

Therefore the "inet addr" That seems to be exploiable
for "slogin" from one machine to another one (the
hostnames are not, as they are not defined on
/etc/hosts, and cannot be defined because of the
dynamic - and behind router - ID discussed). Probably
I am discovering hot water, though I have not
completed the connection because not all keys are yet
in place. Probably one has to connect from deb32 to
deb64 as root, under the above conditions.

What I suspect, is that there is a proved protocol for
getting to work INTERACTIVELY for long periods two
machines under the above described conditions. This is
why I hope to get suggestions. I must say that I
alraedy got very useful suggestions from the debian
science list, though the task is not completed yet.

It could be nice that if you send a query to two different lists, you
can post the good answers from one to the other.

On the other issue I really do not understand why the things are not
working for you, i tried twice the method i described and works
perfectly.

sorry.

--
Guillermo Garron
"Linux IS user friendly... It's just selective about who its friends are."