Re: HOWTO: multi-seat Debian Sid using the stock kernels.

Ron Johnson wrote:

On 03/02/07 14:50, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
Hi,

When you use multiple videocards/monitors/keyboards/mice and Debian
stock kernels, the starting of gpm/gdm will fail because of the absence
of mice.

Have no idea why so with the Debian stock kernels and not with my own
generated kernel.

It probably has to do with initramfs, which is (usually) not used in
home-rolled kernels.

It does, namely the presence of usbhid, which I left out when generating my own with yaird, cf.http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2006/12/msg01571.html

Sorry I said that I had no idea. What I meant was that usbhid's behavior is strange. At the time I queried if it was possible to blacklist modules from an initramfs-tools image.

Hugo