Re: Woody on 486 problem

Michelle Konzack wrote:
Hey Mike,

Am 2007-02-20 14:04:27, schrieb Mike McCarty:

Don't listen to him. He thinks he's the only Real Geek. I've
written boot firmware for several new boards when I worked in
telecomm, and he doesn't think I'm a Real Geek.

HOW easy is it today to write VERY small BIOS code
to recognize the MBR of a Harddrive and load it?

Not any more difficult than before. The difficult parts
are enumerating the PCI bus, the USB bus, etc. looking
for the drive. Once you find the device, looking for
a boot sector is the same as always: load the sector, and
look for the marker at the end. That's for drives,
mind you, not CDROMs. I don't know how boot from CDROM
works.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.