Re: installation problem with initramfs-tools

On Fri, Mar 02, 2007 at 03:52:57PM +0100, Joe Hart wrote:
> Joe Hart wrote:
> > Charles Blair wrote:
> >>    I am trying to install the etch version of Debian on a
> >> recently purchased HP Pavillion machine (it has a hard disk
> >> that the sarge installer doesn't recognize).
> >
> >>    I downloaded the first CD image and booted the installer.
> >> The partitioning and other steps seemed to be all right.  During
> >> the base install:
> >
> >> (1) I was asked to pick a kernel, and chose the default
> >>      linux-image-2.6-486
> >
> >> (2) Various successful install messages were displayed
> >> until it said there was a problem with initramfs-tools.
> >> I was referred to console #4, which displayed in part:

you know, this error doesn't correlate with the initramfs-tools
errors. Did you find errors that mention initramsfs-tools? I think the
console installs can probabnyl be worked aroudn pretty easily, but the
other could be trickier, but we need better information.