Re: What's the best way to backup to dvd?

Two years ago I ripped all my CD's to 4GB .ogg for my laptop. I backed all this to a single DVD. All classical music and operas.

Recently, did it again to highest fidelity using ogg onto a 500GB-HD. Then I backed this up on 5 double layer DVD's. I did not need tar as I had no problems with long names, but tar or zip would solve any problems, but do not compress as they are already compressed.

I did same with Video: Operas ripped to 2 DL-DVD's. Simple "copy" (vobcopy) takes up some 400GB. Just backed this up onto another USB-500GB-HD for $200 which I can use anywhere.

I paid for this music several times over -78's, 33's, 45's, VHS, CD's DVD's, I should be able to use any of it on any of my computers.