Re: how to send files from a pc to my home server and viceversa

Hi again Greg

> > 1) Must I disable this shared folder?
> > 2) Must I remove samba from my server?
> > 3) Should I better use SCP allways?
> > 4) Or can I leave that shared folder in the server and just use for
> > non-vital,trivial files?

> 1) no
> 2) no
> 3) no
> 4) yes

Do you all people agree with this? I mean, do as Greg says and use the
shared folder just for nonsenses or trivial documents, and use SCP for
transmission of backups and important data? Or can samba and that
folder be a danger anyway?
And... can someone spying through internet in my XP pc enter beyond
that shared folder in another one in my linux system?

THanks Greg and you all

Jordi