Re: how to send files from a pc to my home server and viceversa

Andrei Popescu wrote:
On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 09:27:12 -0500
"Roberto C. Sanchez" <roberto@connexer.com> wrote:

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 05:55:47AM -0800, Jordi wrote:
Hello

Yesterday I was able to run my server. I have 2 computers at home,
one is server and the other is not. Both are connected to router.
One uses Xubuntu and the other Windows XP.
I know Xubuntu is not Debian but it is based on it. Few people in
Xubuntu know how to do this, I asked, no solution was found to me.

What do you recommend me to send files between them? I mean, send
files from the server to the other to save backups, and from the XP
to the server to send files for anything.

Use sftp or scp.  If you need a GUI, then gftp is a good one on Linux.
I am not sure about windows.  A good windows ssh/sftp client is PuTTY.

FileZilla should to the trick for Windows.
As well as for Debian.

Paul Scott