Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

Greg Folkert wrote:
On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 09:09 -0500, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 05:27:00AM -0800, Freddy Freeloader wrote:
Also, this idea that having a large vehicle is all related to ego is pure bull. I know of lots of people who drive small cars that drive them for ego purposes.... There are a lot of small cars around that guys have hot-rodded, i.e. added turbo's, exhaust systems, performance chips, suspension kits, etc.... That's ego driven in young guys and they are small cars, Honda's, Mazda's, Toyota's, etc....
I wonder:

 Fedora/RedHat/Suse user -> drives Hummer, big SUV, Lincoln towncar-type
 Debian/Ubuntu user -> drives mid-sized or compact SUV or car
 Gentoo/LFS user -> drives riced Japanese import

I think we might be on to something :-)

I drive Mitsubishi. I have 2 of them, a 2002 Lancer and a 2004 Galant.

So what does that make me?

I also have a 1969 Oldsmobile 442, a 1984 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais and
a 1988 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Classic (being a reworked and
completely fluffed up remaining 1987's that were not sold). All have had
the engines, transmissions and suspensions either re-done or replaced.
Also many body and frame mods for better handling and ride quality.
Everything done by me.

Does this change my class?
Wow! A '69 442. I'm jealous. Those are very sweet cars. Wish I still had my '55 Chev Belair 2D Hardtop and my '69 SS 396 ElCamino too.