Re: a dumb query? pls humor me

Steve Lamb wrote:
Mitja Podreka wrote:
It can comfortably run at speeds which are within the speed limits and is probably as safe as
Hummer and similar monsters.

    If you think "well within speed limits" and "safe" are one and the same,
you're sorely mistaken.  What a lot of politicians and public safety officials
are finally waking up to is that the problem isn't the 99 cars going in the
same direction at 80mph.  It's the idiot out in the left lane doing 65mph
"because it's the speed limit" and obstructing the other vehicles.

    Speed is not nearly as dangerous as the *difference of speed*.
Absolutely right and these stupid people who put stationery objects on the edges of the road or force speed changes like turning that cause the biggest difference in speed. If nobody stopped, turned, changed lanes or anything of the like then speed limits wouldn't be needed. Until then I will stay in the posted speed limit and those going around me can go kill themselves.

--
Andrew Ritchie
Server and Database Admin.

Ed-IT, Faculty of Education
University of Melbourne, Victoria 3010 Australia
Tel: +61 8344 8719   Fax: +61 8344 8391
Website: http://www.edfac.unimelb.edu.au