Re: Upgraded to 2.6.18-4-686, trouble.

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 08:04:02PM -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 10:05:30PM -0500, Michael Pobega wrote:
> > Whenever I boot into the 2.6.18-4-686 kernel everything works fine,
> > but when it starts loading hald I get:
> >
> > Buffer I/O error on device sr0
>
> after this, I assume the boot continues normally?

Correct. It just jumps from the Buffer I/O errors to booting
correctly.

> > It says this about 8 times. I tried reinstalling hal but that didn't
> > seem to change anything either.
>
> Does your cd drive work after this has happened?? does this error show
> up in dmesg?

The CDROM seems to be working fine, but it's much louder than normal.
I think I'm going to have GRUB default to *-3-686 for now, until (If)
I can get this solved. It's not the worst thing in the world, but it's
just loud enough to annoy me (I rip and use my CDROM pretty often, so
it's quite annoying).