Re: ssh

On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 17:29 -0400, Guillermo Garron wrote:
> I use this method, (without passphrase) to be able to run script (with
> cronjob) from one machine into other, if I put a passphrase that is
> not going to work, am I right?
>
> Anyway to get my key, a "hacker" will need access to my PC right? if
> both PCs are secured there should be no chance to get my keys stolen.

There are actually ways of minimising the damage, should the key fall in
wrong hands. You can on the server specify from what hosts a certain key
can connect from, and what commands can be run.

See the section authorized_keys file format from the sshd man page.
http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/152 (see comments)

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson