making the smartest use of SE Linux

Dear all

I noted with interest that Etch seems to automatically include SE Linux as part of the packages, and I was wanting a bit of a steer about how I, as a user on a small home LAN, can exploit the strength of SE Linux. There isn't anything for selinux in man or info, and this is how it is currently set up according to /etc/selinux/config:

# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
# SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
# enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
# permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
# disabled - No SELinux policy is loaded.
SELINUX=permissive
# SELINUXTYPE= can take one of these two values:
# refpolicy-targeted - Only targeted network daemons are protected.
# refpolicy-strict   - Full SELinux protection.
# refpolicy-src      - Custom policy built from source
SELINUXTYPE=refpolicy-targeted

# SETLOCALDEFS= Check local definition changes
SETLOCALDEFS=0

Thanks for any ideas and opinions.

All the best Debianistas

/A