Re: who/what uses my CPU?

hendrik@topoi.pooq.com wrote:
On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 10:42:51AM -0500, Andrew Perrin wrote:

From man top:

       wa  --  iowait
         Amount of time the CPU has been waiting for I/O to complete.

In other words, the CPU is idling, waiting for something to do.

Wait and Idle are not the same thing. Idle means that there are
no processes demanding resources. Wait means that there are
processes demanding resources, but not getting them as quickly
a they would like.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.