Re: screen flickering

On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 03:54:31PM +0100, Giacomo Montagner wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 14:25 -0500, Greg Folkert wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 10:59 -0800, L.V.Gandhi wrote:
> > > I am running debian etch.
> > > While booting, when configuring consle fonts line comes, screen
> > > flickers. Any solution to stop this?
> >
> > It is setting the display properties... try to see what it is doing on
> > the screen. You should see it says something along the lines of "Setting
> > console fonts" or similar.
> >
> > It only takes about 3 seconds total, is it really that abhorrent?
> > --
> >

> I found that it causes problem using splashy, so I disabled the init
> script:
>
> # cd /etc/rcS.d
> # mv S48console-screen.sh K48console-screen.sh
>
> It seemed to give no problems.

I took a quick look through that script and it doesn't look like it
would be a big problem unless you've set up some special stuff for you
VT's as this is the script to gets that going. You might want to
review that script, it looks like you could work around some of the
setup issue by putting them in inittab or maybe elsewhere so that you
could get the same effect without flickering.

.02