Re: Etch not booting on Adaptec 2420sa

On Tuesday 27 February 2007 18:16, Kyle Messineo wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I just installed the latest etch distro (kernel 2.6.18-3-686) onto a
> whitebox intel pc running an Adaptec 2420sa raid controller and 4x sata
> 750gb hd's. The raid is configured as raid5 on three drives with the 4th
> running hotspare.
>
> The etch installer booted fine, saw the raid vol, let me partition it
> and run a full install. I installed the grub loader into mbr and all
> looked fine and dandy.

No suggestions for you, but I installed this exact card into a new SuperMicro
server last week to use RAID 5 on 3 SATA drives. I had no trouble at all with
it. The Adaptec card _is_ hardware RAID.

I'm assuming that you correctly created and initialized the volume? Simple
question but never hurts to ask.

Basically I just followed the quick start guide and it worked, and that's why
I have suggestions for you. Just saying that it does work and exactly as it
should.

Rob