Re: Number of OT Posts

Paul Johnson wrote:
Mike McCarty wrote:

I joined here in order to learn a little bit better how to help
my girlfriend administer her Debian machine, especially since
I'm the one who recommended that she use Debian. I'm as loathe
as anyone to stifle any impetus to communicate here, but I'm
beginning to wonder whether the amount of posting on religion/
atheism, the price of gasoline, abortion, politics in general,
and other such topics isn't beginning to make the S/N ratio bad. It's
getting a little difficult to find the ON topic posts.

You use Thunderbird, so you have the tools to manage your own email.  I
suggest learning how to get Thunderbird to sort by thread, and to "ignore
thread"s that you don't find interesting.

I find that the threads mostly start out as useful, then get
hijacked by the OT posters, leaving interleaved useful and OT
messages in a single thread.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.