Re: Upgrade to PHP 4.2.3 or higher

On Mon, Feb 26, 2007 at 12:27:44PM -0500, Michael Pobega wrote:

> Woops! Sorry about that, I didn't mean to nearly hose any systems.
>
> Thanks for that, I'll never suggest apt-pinning for anyone under Sarge
> anymore!

Sorry.  I didn't mean to be quite so harsh.  I just didn't want the OP
to accidentally damage his system.  If you *know* what you are doing,
apt pinning can be OK.  Usually, pinning from testing for a *short* time
after release is OK.  Usually, pinning from unstable to testing is OK.
However, pinning from oldstable to an about-to-release testing is most
probably a recipe for disaster, espcially, when we are talking about a
nearly 6 year gap.

Regards,

-Roberto

--