Re: Run out of disk space on LVM

On Sat, Feb 24, 2007 at 05:16:34PM +0200, Justin Hartman wrote:
> Ok I managed to resize my root partition but in doing so I have a
> problem with my var partition now.
>
> The message I get at boot time when fsck runs is:
>
> # The filesystem size (according to the superblock) is 750592 blocks
> The physical size of the device is 687104 blocks Either the superblock
> or the partition table is likely to be corrupt!
>
> I tried to run:
> # resize2fs /dev/debian/var
> As well as:
> # resize2fs -f /dev/debian/var
> [...]

When did you try to run resize2fs? Was it before or after lvreduce? Or
could you provide more detail on how you managed to grow / and shrink
/var?

> [...]
> But neither work and I get an error that it can't read the bitmap
> block or something to that effect.
>
> What is clear to me is that in resizing I have gone from 750592 blocks
> to 687104 but somewhere this has not updated yet.
>
> Anyone know how I can fix this?
> [...]

Regards
--
Marcus Blumhagen

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more
violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move
in the opposite direction."
                                                      -- Albert Einstein